- 6 Weeks To Better Acrylics Online Class
6 Weeks To Better Acrylics Online Class
Have you been taking those fun paint night classes and want to learn more about acrylics? Then this class is for you.
I will guide you through 5 lessons over 6 weeks in learning the fundamentals of art and acrylic paint.
We are going to start our learning in a Mixed Media Book so you can use it to make notes durning class and use it for our painting project. The last two weeks of the class we will put everything together in our final project on canvas.
- 11"x14" Canson Mixed Media Coil Book (Blue Cover) and one 12" x 16" Canvas
- Brushes - 1" and 1/2" flat, 3/4 angle, #4 round, #1 or 0 liner brush
- Acrylic Paint - White, Black, Brilliant Blue, Brilliant Yellow, Brilliant Red, Cadmium Red Medium, Phthalo Turquoise, Permanent Rose, Dioxazine Purple, Acrylic Gesso (primer found near the acrylic paint)
- Water Jar, Rags, Blow Dryer, Pencil, Ruler, Eraser, Sharpies in different tips and colours (for note taking)
WEEK 1 -BRUSHWORK /TEXTURE
Overview - Learning what each brush can do and how to use them to create texture.
WEEK 2 - CONTRAST/VALUE/FORM
Overview - Learn to create shapes and form by painting in greyscale to understand contrast and value.
WEEK 3 - COLOR THEORY
Overview - Paint a beautiful tropical sunset beach painting using all the colors of the color wheel
WEEK 4 - PERSPECTIVE/LINEWORK/MEASURING
Overview - Learn the importance of vanishing points and perspective and how we can use this to measure.
WEEK 5 & 6 -STILL LIFE - COMPOSITION
Overview - Putting everything we learning all together.
***This is the pre-recorded version of this class. After the purchase is made, you will receive a PDF document with the links and reference images you will need for each class.***